Freedom Z Range
Fab Deck | ROPS | 24hp - 26hp | 48" or 52" Cut Width
Work Doesn’t Have To Feel Like Work The Freedom Z® is built with the same focus on durability, comfort and quality performance that defines every Scag® mower. Tough and dependable, it’s ideal as an entry-level commercial mower or for the homeowner who wants professional-quality results. This ergonomically designed mower includes a heavy-duty tubular steel main frame, commercial grade Ogura PTO clutch, and independent Hydro-Gear transaxles. Maintenance is a breeze thanks to simplified grease points and sealed aluminium spindles with ball bearings. A cushioned, adjustable seat assures comfort as you work, and a quick, convenient 1/4″ cutting height adjustment allows you to achieve that perfect cut without a struggle. With grounds speeds of up to 12.87km/h (8mph), this mower is a solid, surefooted performer on any job.
- 48″ or 52″ cutter deck with anti-scalp rollers provides a beautiful quality-of-cut.
- Sealed aluminum spindles with ball bearings deliver “maintenance-free,” high-performance operation; 112” thick mounting flange.
- Comfortable, thick-cushioned seat is easily adjustable and delivers a high level of operator comfort.
- Low-maintenance mower design greatly reduces grease points for operator convenience.
- 24.6L (6.5-gallon) total fuel capacity maximizes refueling intervals to save time and get the job done fast.
- Cup holder and storage tray built into fuel tank for operator convenience.
- Innovative height-of-cut adjustment is quick, and conveniently adjusts in %” increments.
- Foot pedal cutter deck lift is spring-assisted and makes raising the cutter deck smooth and easy. Adjustable height-of-cut from 1″ to 4.5″ in 1/4” increments.
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents movement when parked on slopes. The mower will not operate with the brake on, preventing premature brake wear.
- Ogura G1 PTO clutch brake has lots of torque (74 ft/lbs) for smooth blade engagements and solid holding power in heavy cutting conditions. Adjustable air gap delivers long component life.
- MARBAIN® cutter blades stay sharper, longer.
- Self-adjusting belt systems keep belts in constant, proper adjustment for long life.
- Easy-to-release dump valves on transaxles allow the mower to be moved without the engine running.
- Dual Hydro-Gear ZT-2800 transaxles put solid, reliable power to the ground. Integrated transaxle has charge pumps and spin-on oil filters and steel plate oil filter guards to protect filters from damage.
- Ground speeds up to 12.87km/h (8mph) for high productivity.
- Large front caster tires and 20″ drive tires for solid traction and a smooth ride.
- Digital hour meter features pre-programmed maintenance reminders. Hour meter only activates when the engine is running to accurately record engine time.
- Highly flexible discharge chute will not dent and is easy on the landscape.
- Low-profile, fixed-position Roll-Over Protection System (ROPS).
- Extra-low center of gravity for maximum stability over challenging terrain.
- Commercial-grade powder coat paint for a high-gloss finish and increased durability.
Scag Mowers – Made in the USA
Who are Scag? If you are in the market for a commercial mower, you have probably discovered that there are countless choices available. So… what makes Scag ‘Simply the Best’? Since 1983, Scag has been producing heavy-duty commercial mowers. We listen to our customers, and constantly make the changes needed to meet their needs. This constant product evolution has enabled us to retain our title as the premiere commercial mower line in the industry. This quality is evident in the construction and design of every mower we build. It’s hard to find a light gauge piece of steel on our mowers. You can find less expensive mowers, but you won’t find a better one.
“I recently purchased a Freedom Z and wanted you to know that I am very happy with the mower. I will be a loyal customer from now on. I will also be recommending you to everyone. Thanks for being the best!” Ryan Tanner, Coventry, CT, USA
- 48″ Hero Cutter Deck, 24HP, Kohler Pro 7000 Series – SFZ48H-24KT
- 48″ Hero Cutter Deck, 25HP, Briggs-CXI – SFZ48H-25CX
- 52″ Hero Cutter Deck, 25HP, Briggs-CXI – SFZ52H-25CX
- 52″ Hero Cutter Deck, 26HP, Kohler Pro 7000 Series – SFZ52H-26KT
Please download the specs *.pdf to see specifications for all of the models in the range
The Best Warranties You’ll Probably Never Need
- 3 Year / 500 Hour Non-Commercial Warranty. Most new Scag mowers are covered by a limited three year or 500 hour warranty (whichever comes first) for non-commercial use. See the Scag Limited Warranty Statement for more details. This warranty covers manufacturing defects for up to three years, including parts and labor. This limited warranty is for non-commercial owners only (excludes Liberty Z models).
- 1 Year Limited Commercial Warranty. All new Scag Freedom Z mowers are covered by a one-year limited commercial warranty. See the Scag Limited Warranty Statement for more details. This warranty covers manufacturing defects, including parts and labor.
Scag Australia – www.scagaustralia.com
- Freight charges applicable